Financial Analyst Job Description
The Financial Analyst for Golden Travel Peers USA Inc. is responsible for forecasting, reporting, and corporate finance analytics by providing both proactive and reactive financial insight, analysis and perspective. The position requires the ability to prepare and present business plans, including annual and periodic operating plans and strategic plans.
- Develop and generate financial reports and forecasts, both routine and ad-hoc.
- Analyze profit and loss of all business lines and prepare performance evaluation reports on findings to make business recommendations to management.
- Design effective budget models, taking into consideration actual performance, previous expenditures, and estimated expenses and income.
- Review expenditures to ensure compliance with budget allocations; maintain accurate spending records and establish measures for budgetary control.
- Provide timely explanations of variances between actual results and forecasted budgets.
- Conduct financial analysis of potential new products and projects, pricing strategies and strategic opportunities.
- Liaise with accounting to understand company financials and create accurate projections.
- Prepare and present business plans and models along with overall strategy for all assigned initiatives.
- Take raw ideas, hypotheses, and scenarios and shape them into comprehensive deployment plans to effective implement.
- Conduct in-depth research of potential markets, products and marketing channels, monitor current tourism industry developments and identify potential opportunities and risks to make recommendations on entering new markets and expanding product lines.
- Research global market progressions to assist the company's business planning.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Finance or Accounting and 1+ years of relevant finance experience
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products including advanced Excel skills
- Proven track record of high performance in financial analysis and reporting
- Understanding of general accounting rules
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions
- Able to recognize the existence of problems or potential problems and determine if further research is needed or if assistance is required.
- Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and effective interaction with others.
- Ability to interpret data presented in graphical form.
- Self-motivated, adaptive, proactive, quick learner, and works well with others with minimum supervision, in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Strong technical, analytic, problem solving and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Strong attention to detail yet maintains a big-picture point of view.
Golden Travel Peers USA Inc. is an online travel platform made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better. That responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Our family of travel brands includes:
- Gtpass.com, a discount travel site that offers vocation packages, activities, cruises, hotels and gift cards in hundreds of destinations;
- Webroadway.us, featuring online theater ticketing for Broadway shows and off-Broadway shows, targeting both traveling consumers and New York area theater patrons.
To apply for this opportunity, please send your resume and a cover letter to Michael.email@example.com.